The picture...

The edges of the picture
are beginning to fade away
The color isn’t as bright
As when we took it that day

I remember the day when we met,
running together towards the gate.
It was the 1st day in college,
that was when I saw you..

I remember the day the picture was taken,
I was as usualsad and broken.
You came upto me with your dazzling smile
'Lets take a picture' you said, 'everything would be alright'.

The two of us together
It seems like forever ago
Through the years and all the tears
What have we left to show?




















A memory here or there
A phone call or two
No reason as to why
We let it all slip through

As I stared a little longer
I began to space
I thought of back when
To a different time and place

I remember all the secrets
That we all somehow forgot
The fights that we got into
We were so close I thought


When I think of all the memories
Each one bring a tear
And as I continue to think
I realize my biggest fear

I remember the day we promised
We’d be best friends forever
Together no matter what
Always and forever

That memory broke my heart
All our fears are coming true
The close friendship we both had
Is finally falling through

The glass in the picture frame is cracked
Just like our friendship it’s falling away
We pretend to do something about it
But it gets worse everyday

As I watch our friendship continue to drift
I can’t help but let the tears fall
Because if we let our friendship go this easily
Maybe we weren’t that close after all…

All I want is to say,
you mean alot to me, don't walk away......


© Dipannita Saha, 2010

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

1 comments:

Rashmi Nair said...

Sweet and beautiful ...
We meet new people and a whole new chapter begins but every chapter has a last page as well..
No matter whether the last page is full of questions and doubts .. or with things to remember as a sweet melancholy ..
Life goes on. :)

Post a Comment